Hooray, New Yorkers are getting more FREE WiFi options this summer.
Google Offers is sponsoring free WiFi at 200 locations across New York City this summer including in a bunch of subway stations, from June 25 through September 7, 2012.
W.14th St & 8th Ave (A, C and E trains)
(Photo Courtesy – Yan Tseytlin)
The FREE WiFi is coming via Google’s partnership with wireless Internet access services provider Boingo Wireless.
Now you can bore us even more with your stupid Facebook updates and sophomoric Tweets.
Google Offers is a Groupon like service that delivers discounts at restaurants and other places in New York City and 39 other cities across the U.S.
WiFi at NYC Subway Stations
The free WiFi will be available at the following NYC subway stations:
* A, C, E station at Eighth Avenue and West 14th Street
* L station at Eighth Avenue and West 14th Street
* C, E station at Eighth Avenue and West 23rd Street
* 1, 2, 3 station at Seventh Avenue and West 14th Street
* F, M station at Sixth Avenue and West 14th Street
* L station at Sixth Avenue and West 14th Street
By the end of this year, Boingo plans to bring its WiFi services to a total of 36 New York subway stations including Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Columbus Circle. But they will not be free unless Boingo can find another sponsor like Google.
Over the next five years, Boingo intends to make WiFi available on all 270 New York subway stations in what will be a big plus for the subway system’s 1.6 billion annual passengers.